Skrill offers you the opportunity to use it as both a traditional e-wallet and a practical interface for directly accessing your bank account or your credit card (which you have to register at Skrill first) in order to make money transfers. While you have to pay a small fee for making transactions with your credit card that way you will be able to transfer funds from your bank account without any extra charges. Each transaction made with Skrill is processed instantly.
Creating Your Skrill Account
- Go to www.skrill.com and click on “Register”.
- Enter your e-mail address and a password for your Skrill account.
- Choose “Personal Account”, your country, preferred currency, and language and enter the “Turing Number” that is displayed underneath.
- You will receive an e-mail with a link that you will have to click in order to activate your account.
- Provide your required personal data (name, address, birthdate, telephone number).
- You will now see an overview of the information given by you and are able to make changes and corrections if necessary. Read Skrill’ statutory regulations of data protection and general terms and conditions and confirm to accept them.
Payments and Transfers
After opening your Skrill account you can transfer money to it. We will present you with an example using your credit card:
- Log into your account using your e-mail address and your Skrill password.
- Click on “Upload Funds” in the top menu.
- Enter your credit card details as required in the form.
- Skrill will now – pending your approval – charge your credit card with a random amount ranging from €0.01 and €2.99. This amount will show up on your credit card balance sheet.
- After verifying the amount return to your Skrill account and click on “Verification”.
- Enter the exact amount.
- Your Skrill account will now be credited with the money and your card is verified. You can now transfer more money to your account.
Poker Payments with Skrill
Most poker rooms will offer you the option to withdraw money from your poker account to your Skrill account. If you want to withdraw your money from your Skrill account you can choose whether you want it to be transferred to your bank account (only if your bank has a SWIFT code – please ask your bank for details), paid out by cheque (please check at Skrill whether this option is available for your country) or whether you want the funds to be paid out via your credit card (currently only possible for Visa cards). The fees are as follows:
- Bank account: €1.80 fee
- Cheque: €3.50 fee
- Credit card: €1.80 fee
The limit for your transactions depends on your account status and can be viewed at any time going to “My Account” > “View Limit”.
Tips and Hints Skrill Poker
Please be advised that some poker rooms will compare the e-mail address used in your poker account with the one that you used for Skrill. If these e-mail addresses do not match you may not be able to deposit money on your poker account using Skrill! Contact the poker room in question beforehand to make sure!
If you want to utilise your Skrill account primarily for depositing money into poker accounts you can choose US Dollars as your currency when playing mostly in poker rooms using $ (still the majority of them).
Keep in mind that you won’t be able to transfer an unlimited amount of money at once. The transfer limit can be viewed in your account details and can be increased by verifying your bank account and/or credit card.
Transfering funds from your credit card to your Skrill account will be charged with an additional 1.90%, your Skrill account will be credited with the sum immediately. If you verify your bank account you will be able to make transactions from there free of charge (your regular bank transfer fees of your local bank will still apply). This transfer will take up to a few days.